In order to be academically eligible all student athletes must pass a minimum of five (5) subjects and fail no more than one (1) core course.
Tri-West has four 9-week grading periods. Student scholastic eligibility will be determined the day report cards are issued. A sound education is the foundation for any successful athletic program.
Tri-West Athletics has moved to a paperless clearance process as it regards the athletic physicals.
In order to place your student in the "clear" category, that is, participate in practices/tryouts and athletic events, we will need you to do the following:
1. Go to: https://triwestbruins-in.
2. Set up an account for you and your student
3. Fill out the following pages online --
- IHSAS Pre-Participation History
- Parent Consent and Release
- Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Hendricks Regional Health Parental Consent
- Download Page 2 of the IHSAA Physical Examination form, signed and dated by the doctor. Remember, the athletic physical must be dated AFTER April 1 of that year.
If you have questions, regarding the process of registering your student/athlete in the PRIVIT system, or the athletic physical process in general, please contact Mrs. Rawlings in the TWMS athletic office at 317-994-4243.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
All student athletes must enroll in the Tri-West Hendricks Drug and Alcohol Random Testing Program. Enrollment forms are available in the main office.
An athlete must be present for one-half of the school day to participate in an athletic contest except for extenuating circumstances (i.e., death in the family, medical appointments, etc.)
A half day is defined as three instructional periods. A student who leaves school after 4th period due to illness may not practice or participate in extracurricular activities that evening.
An athlete must participate in a minimum of ten practices before participation in an athletic contest if he/she does not have previous season sport participation. If he/she has previous season sport participation a requirement of five practices must be fulfilled before participation in an athletic contest.
All athletes and cheerleaders riding a bus to an athletic event must return on the same bus unless he/she returns home with a parent. The athlete's parent must personally seek permission from the coach.
Athletic Events Ticket Information
Ticket prices for all Tri-West Middle School athletic events:
- Adults and Students - $4.00
- Kindergarten and preschool children accompanied by an adult are admitted free.
- Senior citizens (age 65+) are admitted free.
- No season passes will be sold at Tri-West Middle School. Only the Lifetime Passes sold at Tri-West High School will be honored at Middle School athletic events.
Each coach will have his/her own set of discipline rules by which athletes must abide. the number of participants for each sport in each grade will be determined by the coach of that sport.
The following activities are offered by the Tri-West Middle School Athletic Department. Student-athletes are encouraged to participate in as many activities as possible. Athletics are considered a part of the total educational experience at Tri-West.
Grades 7 and 8
|Cheerleading||Swim & Dive|
|Cross Country||Track & Field|
|Swim & Dive|
|Track & Field|
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.