We are excited to share with you that our 2022 Needs Assessment Survey opens today, August 1, with results coming in November 2022!
In 2019, the Hendricks County Community Foundation completed a first-of-its-kind Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment thanks to a grant from Lilly Endowment. If you haven’t seen that information, you can read more about the process and find the results on our website here.
The goals of the assessment are to:
- help identify and prioritize needs in Hendricks County;
- unite institutions and resources from throughout our community; and,
- create solutions that produce significant, widely-shared and lasting results.
In the follow-up since then we have:
- provided grants to increase civic engagement and County pride;
- hired a Community Inclusion and Engagement Manager to continue our community outreach;
- prepared to launch an engaging program to highlight our local elected officials with The Republican Newspaper;
- supported Indiana Citizen Inc. to promote voter registration and turnout in Hendricks County;
- launched a Behavioral Health Needs Assessment and Community Planning project to meet the growing mental and behavioral health needs in our community; and,
- planned a Housing Summit to convene community leaders on housing access.
Though we had hoped to have accomplished more over the past couple of years, like many things, COVID-19 got in our way. So much has changed in our community and how we interact with each other in it. It had always been our plan to update the Needs Assessment this year. Now it is more important than ever.
This 2022 Survey is an abbreviated version of the 2019 Survey which we will use to update the data resourced by people across our community. Our goal is to reach 4,000 or more individuals that live, work, and play in Hendricks County. This will provide data that is 99% accurate (with a 2% margin of error).